If, after giving birth, you wish a postnatal visit we will be happy to pay you a visit.
It might be right after giving birth or a few weeks later. It is completely up to you and your needs.
The postnatal visit might include talking about:
- Breastfeeding – techniques and positions
- Advice regarding the milk coming in which is often the time you might experience difficulties
- Advice regarding sore and cracked nipples and/or difficulties related to breastfeeding
- A talk about the general well-being of mother and baby
- A talk about your birth
- Postnatal check
- Newborn examination
- A talk about vitamins/supplements for mother and baby
- Checking that the uterus has contracted appropriately
- Checking perineal tears
- A talk about bleeding
At the time of the visit we can also do the PKU-test so you don’t have to go into hospital afterwards (48-72 hours after giving birth)