Pain relief without side effects
TENS (or TNS) is short for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, that is electrical nerve stimulation through the skin.
TENS is a simple method of relieving both chronic and acute pain with no side effects.
The TENS method is used by many physiotherapists and pain clinics
TENS works by sending mild electrical impulses through the site of pain. These impulses relieve pain in different ways:
- The block/interrupt the pain signals going to the brain
- They activate the production of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- The electrical impulses increase the blood flow in the area being treated
TENS can be used for pregnant women with the following conditions:
- Sciatica pain
- Lower back pain
- Restless legs
- Upper back pain
Most people will experience almost immediate pain relief with TENS.
A normal TENS treatment takes place several times for optimal effect.
Because TENS is most effective with repeated treatments, we at Jordemoderhuset have reduced the price to enable more women to use this method of pain relief.
- The first treatment lasts approx. 40 minutes which includes an evaluation of the specific issue/issues. You will be shown beneficial exercises to relieve your pain. This is followed by the treatment which lasts approx. 25 minutes. Naturally we use clean electrodes for each patient. Price 500 Danish kroner.
- For subsequent treatments we use the same electrodes (you take them home or we keep them for you at the clinic). The treatment lasts approx. 20-25 minutes. Price 150 Danish kroner. For an example, for lower back pain we recommend treatment approx. once per week.
TENS treatments can only be booked over the phone on 33337111.
At Jordemoderhuset we use the TENS machine Cefar Femina – specifically developed for pregnant women.